03 March 2011
Peace Football Club is about causes, content, commerce, community and campaigns (the 5 C's of Peace FC).
- Peace Football Club’s mission is to promote peace among nations, communities, races, tribes, religions, the sexes, etc.
- Peace signs on pitches - leveraging the built-in ability to put a peace sign front-and-center on a football pitch and leveraging the popularity of the peace sign world-wide.
- The Peace FC Foundation - a reason to be a Peace FC supporter, buy our gear, and promote our causes
- The Peace FC Survey asks us to look at our play, our people and our style - as well as the play, people and style of our rival(s) - and comment on our similarities and differences, prejudices and stereotypes - in order to build bridges across these divides. We are testing the proposition that football is a reflection of its people, so when we lose to our rival, we should take it as an affront to our style and way of life, our systems, etc. But we should understand our rivals and rivalries and learn from this - and then “leave it on the pitch.” We have to accept that football is a game, and know that we don’t need violence or war. The survey will be a unique source of web content - but it could also lead to video interviews with players, managers and celebrities, books, and even country-specific versions - a long-term source of interesting content. It has to be fun, compelling, and engaging, appealing to a wide range of ages. Who wouldn’t want to read about famous footballers’ perceptions of their rivals and what they are doing to learn and grow, and to promote peace via sportsmanship? Wouldn’t it be interesting to learn about rivalries, team styles and people from well beyond your usual sphere of reference (hemisphere)?
- Peace FC will be a destination web site, a Facebook destination for a number of campaigns, and more - all sorts of compelling, entertaining, and educational content.
- Peace FC will sponsor video and photo galleries of peace signs on pitches all over the world - big and small - famous and not-so-famous.
- Peace FC will host the Peace Football Club Peace Prizes in categories like Best Community Outreach Program, Best Use of the Peace Football Club Survey, Best Peace FC Survey Response, Best Peace FC Ambassador of the Year (pro and amateur categories).
- In conjunction with the Peace FC Peace Prizes, Peace FC will have Peace FC Ambassadors of the Month - amateurs and pros - who are doing great things to promote peace.
- Peace FC is a viable means to develop a global brand that people feel good about supporting because the revenue from the sale of products, licensing, sponsorships, and advertising contributes to such good causes (the Peace FC Foundation).
- Online affiliate marketing and ads can monetize large communities of Peace FC supporters
- Peace FC will bring next-generation web technology to bear developing significant communities of supporters, ambassadors, content providers, and content management capabilities - all in support of developing a global community around the cause, content and commerce of Peace FC.
- Web 2.0 software will enable the development of “viral expansion loops” whereby supporters and Peace FC Ambassadors can spread the word, invite their friends and contacts, and grow Peace FC’s fan base.
- Peace FC will appeal to the senses of a passionate global audience. Peace FC endeavors to build communities of millions of supporters around Peace FC content, causes, commerce, etc.
- Peace FC Ambassadors will extend the reach of Peace FC. Every club in the world, every football association, many companies, etc. should have a Peace FC Ambassador.
- Peace FC Supporters (or Fan) Club - perhaps....
- Peace FC is on FaceBook - where we will be looking to develop the community further, eventually having FaceBook pages for Peace FC Ambassadors and more. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peace-Football-Club/189331837759413?v=wall
- Peace FC Commerce - sales and licensing of Peace FC gear
- Peace on the Pitch Campaign - Using the ready-made lines on a football pitch to put a peace sign front-and-center on the field of the world’s game.
- Peace FC Survey Peace in the Classroom - using the Peace FC Survey as a teaching aid
- Peace FC Communities
- Peace FC Ambassadors
- Peace FC Supporters Club
- Peace FC Community Outreach Programs (for other Football Clubs)